All I want for Mother’s Day is a nap, and possibly some brunch. With Mother’s Day only a couple days away, one of our favorite ways to celebrate is a family breakfast that nobody has to cook. Though this seems relaxing in theory, with a 12 year old, 3 year old, and one year old, it’s often anything but. Let’s face it -- with two working parents and three kids, we are busy! Though I like to think that my husband is savvy enough to make a reservation well in advance, this isn’t always the case. Luckily there are some great brunch spots around Austin that you don’t need a reservation for. If you’re a last minute type of mama, consider one of these great restaurants:
- Lucy’s on the Lake: With killer views of Lake Travis, delicious food, and a playscape, this family favorite is a great option for Mother’s Day brunch. Bonus -- with the playground just a few feet away, you might even get to have a semi relaxing breakfast.
- Galaxy Cafe: With four Austin area locations, the Galaxy Cafe is known for some killer brunch options. Though they are giving flowers to the moms this Sunday in honor of Mother’s Day, they do not take reservations in advance.
- Hoover’s Cooking: Brunch begins at 8AM, which is perfect for all your early risers. On Mother’s Day, this Austin staple isn’t taking reservations. This means that the earlier you arrive, the better!
- Tacos and Tequila: Another Austin favorite, Tacos and Tequila opens at 10AM and is not accepting reservations. They will, however, allow you to do what’s called a “call ahead.” You don’t necessarily have a guaranteed spot, but you do get bumped to the top of the walk-in list.
- Moonshine Grill: This beloved restaurant serves classic American comfort food and has a Mother’s Day brunch special beginning at 9AM. It's $26 a person for all-you-can-eat, and it is first come, first serve.
Not in the mood to face the Mother's Day brunch rush? Consider having a picnic at the park or even right in your own backyard! However you’re celebrating Mother’s Day this Sunday, we wish you and your family a great one!
Jessica Rockowitz is Nurture My Child's Social Media and Content Manager. She is an East Coast girl recently transplated to Austin, where she lives with her husband and three busy kids. She is a former OB/GYN Nurse Educator who decided to work from home after her second child. In her spare time (ha!) she loves childless date nights, craft beer, and exploring her new city. You can follow her antics on her personal blog as well as her Instagram page.