I love Halloween, especially fun snacks and recipes that are centered around this festive time of year. This season is often filled with sugar rushes and tons of treats as kids bring in fun snacks for school parties, trunk or treats, and more. To get a break from the monotony, we’re sharing one of our favorite side dishes for a Halloween party – spooky deviled eggs! These are truly so simple, and oh so tasty! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cut in half; we cheated and used Costco’s hardboiled eggs!
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can full black olives
- 2 cans diced black olives
- Cut the eggs in half, then scoop out the middle yolk and put it into a bowl. You should be left with 12 egg halves
- Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper
- With a piping bag or a spoon, carefully place yolk mixture back into cooked egg shell
- Take the whole olives, rinse, and drain. Cut them in half lengthwise and stick one half in the center of each deviled egg – this is the body of the spider!
- Take the sliced olives, rinse, and drain. We cut each sliced olive in half, with each half representing a leg. Place them around the spider’s body on the egg.
- You’re done!
Photo & Recipe from @DeliciousAsItLooks
What do you think, Austin parents? Would you make this spooky side dish?